Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an '05 TB and I am 6'3", while I am driving I feel as if my head is touching the headliner, I have a manual seat, any suggestions?

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
72 Posts
Manual seat eh, You can take your seat off by un screwing up bolts on the bottom and replace the springs?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
I have the same problem and I have the electric seat. I put it down as far as possible, but like you I still feel like my head is about a 1/4" from the roof.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I'm 6'2. Ummmmm try moving the seat back all the way and incline it?
Oh wow, why didn't I think of that? You are a genius!

So that's what all those little switch thing on the side of the seat are for! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh wow, why didn't I think of that? You are a genius!

So that's what all those little switch thing on the side of the seat are for! :D

I've tried about every position I can think of, still not comfortable, the weird thing is the passanger side sit's fine, it's a little hard to sit there and drive though....I love my TB though, I'll think of something, maybe a sunroof and stick my head out!!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I've tried about every position I can think of, still not comfortable, the weird thing is the passanger side sit's fine, it's a little hard to sit there and drive though....
:iagree: :laugh:
I love my TB though, I'll think of something, maybe a sunroof and stick my head out!!
Good idea, but it will not work - at least with the factory sunroof. I have one - it's too far to the right.

The other problem I have is - the rear view mirror is too low for me. It blocks my vision. I have to hutch over and look under it to make sure I didn't miss an econo box car! :)

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
I have the same problem height-wise. I put the seat as far back as possible (stiil could use an inch or two more) and also tilt the seat back. The bummer is... it just leans back a little more than I really want to when I drive.

If I could get 2 inches of extra head room, I would be jazzed. If I could get 2 inches of seat travel for leg room, I would be ecstatic!

I thought of taking the seats out and trying to re-work the frame under the seat, however the cover on the outside of the seat (where the electric controls are) don't really allow room for that.

I also thought of having the seats re-covered and figuring out a way to lose some height and depth that way?

Here is another thought? If I were to replace my entire fabric power seats with leather seats, would that make a difference? Are the leather seats as padded as the fabric ones?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
114 Posts
Revived.

I dont know if the leather seats have less padding. I wouldnt think so.

Im 6'4" tall. I do know that in my 07 TB w/o a sunroof, the top of my head is about 1" from the headliner when Im sitting up straight and comfortable in the drivers seat. Thats with the electric seat ALL the way back and down, and the seat back at a normal straight up angle, not leaning back.

I test drove a TB with a sunroof, and I couldnt sit up straight in it, my head rubbed on the headliner. No way I could stand that. The sunroofed Trailvoys definitely have less head room. Not an issue I guess if you arent tall.

My knees are only a few inches from the dash, and my right knee rubs the dash where it meets the console, but its not too bad. It is, after all, a mid sized SUV. If I wanted more room I shoulda bought a Tahoe.

I spent 10 hours driving my TB last month. Drove over to MS for a family reunion. 5 hours there, stayed for 5 hours, and 5 hours back. Thats the longest Ive ever driven it in one stretch. It wasnt too cramped. I do like how I can stretch my left leg all the way out by sticking it down past the brake pedal.

19.6 MPG was pretty good too, since I have a lead foot and a radar detector and I was in a hurry. :yes:

Mike

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
48 Posts
It would be nice if it were possible. My husband is 6/4 and I cant tell you how many wrecks weve nearly had because he has a hard time seeing while sitting up so high.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm almost 6'5" and my TB has a sunroof and I lost about an inch of head room, I driven one without a sunroof and felt roomier, don't get me wrong I tend to adapt to mine and manage to sit comfortably.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
just drive with a gangster lean and the seat so far reclined back that its resting on the backseat bottom cushion and youll be all set

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
68 Posts
yeah being 6'5 i do the gangster lean or what ever you want to call it. so the seat right behind me has no leg room. and yeah my head sometimes rubs the ceiling but i deal with it. i love the tb other wise. cant wait to lift it so i can kinda of roll out of the TB.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah that plastic cover deal on the side of the seat, yeah I broke the tabs off getting out, guess it wasn't meant to hold my 235 lbs, but yeah I love it, even if at times my spikes fold over from rubbing the ceiling.

·
Registered
gmc envoy_slt
410 Posts
I am sure you can unbolt your driver seat, and take it to a metal fabricator and tell him to cut and reweld the mounts an inch or two lower. Once done just touch up the welds with semi black spray paint.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I am sure you can unbolt your driver seat, and take it to a metal fabricator and tell him to cut and reweld the mounts an inch or two lower. Once done just touch up the welds with semi black spray paint.
Not happening, have you looked at our seat mounts? Theres not any room to do that, they sit pretty much at the floor. If you have manual seats you might be able to get the seats to be cut and realigned but power seats no chance with all the electronics and the motor under the seat.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Anyone make any progress here?

I'm 6'6" and just got a TB with a sunroof and motorized seats. During my test-drive of the vehicle, it didn't seem to be an issue, but now after driving it for 2 days, I don't know if I'm going to be able to get used to it.

My previous vehicle was an Avalanche, so I'm used to sitting much straighter to be comfortable. I hope I don't have to do the gangster lean described earlier in this thread.

Has anyone thought of lowing the upholstery in the seat somehow? Perhaps removing some of the cushioning?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts