Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...Got new Struts and Shocks on my '02 Envoy at Sears, with an alignment. I starting hearing some noise from the front and noiticed the washer at the top of the strut wasnt tightened and was making a ringing sound. I took it back to them and they said they couldn't tighten it(the stud would just turn when the tried to tighten the nut) so they were going to replace the struts and realign it. Then I get a call saying the strut mount was broke and I would have to buy a new one.

My question is...is it commen for these mounts to break or is it more likely they broke when trying to replace the strut or a result of the strut not being tightened properly?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
346 Posts
How many miles on your TB? Being a 2002, its VERY possible that they are bad. 7 years on strut mounts is a long time, and could be longer depending upon the weather conditions.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,282 Posts
Aye aye aye.... Sears? I dont trust them any further than I can spit.

When I replaced my shocks on my 02 Envoy, I ordered the Bilsteins online and had the springs compressed and the shocks installed at a local parts store.

A few days later, my fronts were making noise too. A tinny noise.... open the hood and the washer was loose too right on top of the shock tower :undecided

I just tightened it and went along with my life. Its been 2 years and the noise hasnt come back. IIRC, like another poster said, I just used an allen wrench and a wrench to tighten the nut and stop the washer from making noise. It wasnt a big deal to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts