Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, so be gentle... I have an 04 Trailblazer ext lt with 225k miles on it. This week my transmission started slipping out of nowhere. It started slipping while driving at 55 mph from there it lost all power to the wheels. I was lucky enough to coast into an advanced auto parking lot. It would not move in any gear. I put a full bottle of Lucas stop leak/slip fluid in the transmission and was able to drive the 50 mile trip to get home. The next business day I took it to a dealer where they told me it needed a transmission. I am able to drive it after it sits for a time, not very fast or very far before it starts slipping again. Once it starts slipping, I park it, turn it off for about a minute and it will move and shift fine all over again before eventually slipping. Any thoughts on my next move? Replace transmission for about $2000, or give up and get another vehicle? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
574 Posts
225k miles or 360k kms is a fair amount. could be time for a new.

whats the condition of the fluid? color and amount.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
472 Posts
First post, so be gentle... I have an 04 Trailblazer ext lt with 225k miles on it. This week my transmission started slipping out of nowhere. It started slipping while driving at 55 mph from there it lost all power to the wheels. I was lucky enough to coast into an advanced auto parking lot. It would not move in any gear. I put a full bottle of Lucas stop leak/slip fluid in the transmission and was able to drive the 50 mile trip to get home. The next business day I took it to a dealer where they told me it needed a transmission. I am able to drive it after it sits for a time, not very fast or very far before it starts slipping again. Once it starts slipping, I park it, turn it off for about a minute and it will move and shift fine all over again before eventually slipping. Any thoughts on my next move? Replace transmission for about $2000, or give up and get another vehicle? Thanks in advance
Your filter is plugged up and it needs to be rebuilt. The filter is plugged up with particles from failed parts in your transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts