Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been driving my 2005 Envoy SLE for several years and have put over $8k into replacing just shy of absolutely everything. I wrecked it a couple weeks ago and I have full coverage on it, so the insurance is offering me $1600 or $1200 and I can buy it back. It is not drivable, would need about $2000 worth of work just to make it drivable and thats not taking into account the two replacement doors it needs. The engine however and transmission and all other mechanical components were unharmed. Damage was to passenger side doors and slight frame bend, but did snap some suspension. I think I could get more than $400 if I took out simple things like the stero and remote start and sold those and scrapped it myself at our local scrap yard- so I am doing the buy back option no matter what. BUT I have the opportunity to buy a 2003 Envoy from a relative for pretty cheap. And they are flexible with payments if I decide I want it. The catch is its a V8 model. So my question is- is there any parts from the 2005 L6 and the 2003 V8 that would be at all compatible to make it worth keeping the wrecked 05 around? Because if not- I could pass on the 03 envoy, part and scrap the 05, and then get into something different entirely. I am new to this forum so apologies if this post is in the wrong place. I have came here many times to read threads as issues came up with my 05 and appreciate this community very much! Thanks in Advance for any insights.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
631 Posts
hi and welcome.

tough situation. the I6 and v8 share most components, fuel system, suspension, interior, brakes etc etc.

is it worth keeping the wrecked 2005, hard to say for sure , but if I had to render an opinion, I say no. but considering you spent 8k on it over the years, i wouldnt blame you if you did.

as for the 2003. whats the condition? price? mileage?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello! Thank you for your reply.
The 2003 has 215k miles on it. Very similar to my 05. Has had most things replaced similarly to mine. It needs a bath but other than that its in solid shape. He want $1300 for it. Unlike mine his was the leather interior dvd player edition. Plus the 3rd row that I didnt have before. I drove it a bit yesterday and it drives nicely. Tires and brakes are good. Yet I'm still on the fence. I am not willing to dump thousands more dollars into something. My 05 was my baby. My first vehicle I bought on my own. It maybe sounds silly but its hard to part with it.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
631 Posts
the 2003, tranny been changed? front end, ball joints, tie rods, control arm bushings. tranny been serviced at the very least? fluid changed.

the 05, can you give a quick breakdown of where the 8k was spent , and mileage?

·
PCMofNC.com - Sponsor
2007 chevy
486 Posts
As long as it's in good shape, $1300 seems like a decent deal on the V8 model. Of course take gas into account, it will cost more there. I don't think it would be worth it to keep the I6 around as a parts donor, I'd let insurance buy it and then just move on. Sorry to hear about the accident!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts