Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the rear shocks on my Trailblazer because they are leaking, and I figured that it is a good time to lift it as well. I want to use the Z71 shocks and springs, but I'm not sure which ones to get. I have a 2002 Trailblazer, and I just wanted to know if it is safe to use (or if they would fit) springs and shocks from a 2007-2009 Z71. I'd like that extra 1.5", but I don't know if those can be used on a 2002 Trailblazer. Anyone have recommendations?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
many of us are running chevy avalanche rear springs with no problems... i think it has to be 08 or newer... so a search for avalanche springs and should get u all the info u need..

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Yes, the two are not linked in any way. However in theory, because the z71 springs are stiffer, to keep the truck from oscillating more, a stiffer damper is also required. The Z71 shocks are tuned for the springs and should produce a decent ride.

So, if you kept the stock shocks with the new springs, the rear would theoretically feel more bouncy, yet still stiffer. I hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts