Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here is my dilema please help if you can. I currently own a 06 TBSS and am looking to purchase a 09 SS touchscreen navigation stereo unit. I have been told as long as the the head unit is reprogrammed to my vin number the system will work since the TBSS all come with the "Bose premium " stereo system. I went to my dealership to find out how much the charge would be to have the head unit programmed to my vehicle and was told from a tech that this is quote "IMPOSSIBLE and cannot be changed due to software issues". I personally think this is a load of crap. What software issues could there possibly be, all that is being changed is the head unit. And why would aftermarket head units work rather than a factory unit. Please help if you can. :thx

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
OK here is my dilema please help if you can. I currently own a 06 TBSS and am looking to purchase a 09 SS touchscreen navigation stereo unit. I have been told as long as the the head unit is reprogrammed to my vin number the system will work since the TBSS all come with the "Bose premium " stereo system. I went to my dealership to find out how much the charge would be to have the head unit programmed to my vehicle and was told from a tech that this is quote "IMPOSSIBLE and cannot be changed due to software issues". I personally think this is a load of crap. What software issues could there possibly be, all that is being changed is the head unit. And why would aftermarket head units work rather than a factory unit. Please help if you can. :thx
Ok, if you currently already have Bose, you can put the unit from the '09 in your truck. You will have to have theftlock removed for the Nav unit to properly work. This is done with a Tech II tool and a tech THAT KNOWS what he is doing. :crazy:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats what i was thinking as well. The city and dealerships near me are good sized but these chevy techs need to pull there head out of there A$$. After he told me it was impossible to do, he told me to go buy a poineer touchscreen and to stay out of the gas on my SS because the transmissions are garbage. I just walked out shaking my head thinking here is the reason why GM is having financial issues, steer a paying customer away to aftermarket parts rather than doing some research. Thanks for answering me.:bonk:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts