Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true if i have onstar and bose and I get an aftermarket HU replacement that I need to spend an additional $130 for an additional harness in order to maintain the trucks functions? How do I get so lucky to but a beautiful truck after a bad situation and now get seriously screwed trying to get the baby an OEM dvd unit that I cannot install(It's the Visteon overhead dvd player with 3 wires on the pigtail. orange,yellow,black) Someone said there must be wires missing but after tearing the unit apart searching the other connection to the pigtail is the same 3 wires. How would I connect this to the truck. Can i run it direct to the radio? Also I got a B-Day present and thought it was a good gift. Although the other party didn't know better I have this for a replacement HU and dont know what to do. Cannot return it can any one help me out. The other side if the harness that connects to the unit has 2 wires that say key 1 and key 2 and I have NO idea what the heck they mean. The manual doesnt even help nor did the seller. Desperately in need of help or I'm out $500 that i dont have to lose

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-DOUBLE-DIN-CA...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1307|301:1|293:1|294:50

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
154 Posts
lol thats the surprise i got, but thank god i dont have onstar or bose. you can def. find the harness cheaper on EBay. Mine was 120 in Best Buy but I found it on EBay for about 30-35 bucks with shipping.

Regarding the HU that you purchased, how dependable are those no name brand units from Asia??? Im just afraid to buy anything from Asia, because last time I ordered a soccer jersey from Taiwan on EBay, it took 10 months for me to receive lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
well i dont have a subscription for onstar so i may not be using it. as for the unit i got it 6 days after payment. I'm stuck now

regarding the hu i mean china makes and sells everything so how bad could this really be. It's just not a sony or JVC but it's still a chinese made unit. Just not an overpaid namebrand

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
154 Posts
theres a couple of threads on here that will give you the exact harnesses that you would need, and once you get the Harness that u want, then search it on EBay, you will most definately find it for much cheaper than 130. Use the search on top to find the harness threads. Once you get your unit hooked up, give us some input on how the unit performs, im curious, maybe I would pick one up myself

regarding the hu i mean china makes and sells everything so how bad could this really be. It's just not a sony or JVC but it's still a chinese made unit. Just not an overpaid namebrand

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Is it true if i have onstar and bose and I get an aftermarket HU replacement that I need to spend an additional $130 for an additional harness in order to maintain the trucks functions?
with bose you need the gmos04

Cannot return it can any one help me out. The other side if the harness that connects to the unit has 2 wires that say key 1 and key 2 and I have NO idea what the heck they mean.
Yeah i read your other thread....theres not a lot of info to go on....one of those wires should be the switched B+ (which is one of things the gmos04 provides), another should be the constant B+, and the other the ground....but without a diagram it's impossible to say which is which:undecided

·
Registered
230 Posts
well i was just told by the seller that the two wires i was inquiring about are for the steering wheel controls and he is willing to compensate me for the trouble by going half with me for the harness. would any one be able to give me the exact part description. I have bose onstar steering wheel controls.

I guess it's the GMOS-04 if i stand correct. That would eliviate all my problems for this unit. Sorry everyone out there I hate computers and at first i didnt know how this site worked. Now i have the hang of it.

so does anyone have any input for this DAM visteon oem dvd player? By the looks of things I have 1 problem figured out now trouble shooting this one is going to be a pain in the u know what

would anyone have a photo of some sort of how part #15123132 looks? Maybe I can reference this to do my wiring.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
599 Posts
No disrespect, but that HU looks like it's got one of the cheapest interfaces I've ever seen. I pray you don't come across any real big problems with it. I think you would have been better off researching ebay a little more because brand names actually do make a huge difference.....Pioneer has 4 Double din units out for 2009 (F90BT/F900BT, F70BT/F700BT, AVH-P6000DVD and the AVH-P4100DVD).

These units are a lot more in stores, but you can find them much cheaper on ebay...The AVH models are around 299-350 on ebay brand new, and you'll have the satisfaction of a well built interface and a reputable brand...Alpine has some nice units out for that price range as well..

I have the pioneer F90BT, which I got brand new on ebay for 550 shipped (verses $899 @ best buy, and $1299 @ crutchfield.com), and I've got to say it blows any cheap china made system out of the water. My friend has a Valor double din DVD player and the interface is nearly impossible to use, let alone a headache even when it works properly. As for the onstar adapter, you can get them for around $40 brand new on ebay.

:m2:

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No disrespect, but that HU looks like it's got one of the cheapest interfaces I've ever seen. I pray you don't come across any real big problems with it. I think you would have been better off researching ebay a little more because brand names actually do make a huge difference.....Pioneer has 4 Double din units out for 2009 (F90BT/F900BT, F70BT/F700BT, AVH-P6000DVD and the AVH-P4100DVD).

These units are a lot more in stores, but you can find them much cheaper on ebay...The AVH models are around 299-350 on ebay brand new, and you'll have the satisfaction of a well built interface and a reputable brand...Alpine has some nice units out for that price range as well..

I have the pioneer F90BT, which I got brand new on ebay for 550 shipped (verses $899 @ best buy, and $1299 @ crutchfield.com), and I've got to say it blows any cheap china made system out of the water. My friend has a Valor double din DVD player and the interface is nearly impossible to use, let alone a headache even when it works properly. As for the onstar adapter, you can get them for around $40 brand new on ebay.

:m2:
I know like i said it's for basic use not for blasting and profiling. I work on highways so when i have off time its basically for me to see a movie as i watch the guys working especially when its cold out. Like i said it was a gift and when i reviewed it, it seemed ok at the time. Honestly i feel these name brands are way over priced for something that is becoming a common every day item. I didnt have a choice at the time so I would just hope all goes well with the unit and it will last me a couple years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.