Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,
I have just discovered your site and think its great the way everyone shares info. my name is Chuck or my login is itflash59.
My seat belt question is this...I have a 2002 Trailblazer LT and the passenger side seatbelt keeps geting tighter as you move around in the seat until the point you have to unhook it, let it go back in and then pull it out and rehook it,,,then you start the process again as the seat belt continues to tighten up on you.....and only the pass seat does it....any hep in fixing this would be greatly appreciated...
Chuck

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Welcome!

Don't let the kids spill soda in the mechanism?

Sounds like simple grunge in the ratchet. You can get a new one, a used one at the junkyard or Ebay, or I'd just spray it with water and exercise it a few dozen times and see if it improves.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,077 Posts
Welcome...My rear middle seat belt does the same darn thing. It locks no matter what. I forgot about it until you mentioned it...hmmm
I believe that is a safety feature designed for child seats for the rear seats to keep them locked in place. I forgot what the fix is. I think it is the result of pulling the seatbelt all the way out before clicking it in.

I asked that question awhile ago in this thread:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=30942&highlight=seatbelt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts