Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Repair log - went to the store, came back out and car wouldn't start. Then it started but with the REP light on (idle was extremely rough). Restarted twice then it finally started up normal. Quite a few times after that it would take 4-5 times to get it to start. Did some checking of the codes and determined the Throttle Body needed to be replaced. Car worked fine for 2 weeks. Now when i try to start i get nothing. Doesn't even crank. I disconnected the battery, checked the relays, etc...still nothing. I did tap the starter motor while turning the key and then the engine started (but with the REP light and idling very rough). Do i have a bad starter , ignition switch, ???? Any ideas.

Thanks
CroninBlazer

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:tiphatWelcome! Don't sound like a starter to me. Once it starts the starter just hangs out until you go to start it again. Have you checked wires to the starter? Battery? What code is it showing?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well last time i took it in, during troubleshooting of the throttle body it was showing P1516. Right now the CEL only comes on during the initial start up and then turns off once the truck starts (or shortly before). So i really dont know if there are any new codes, since i can't take it in to get it checked. I've checked the battery (12.5v - which seems right) along with the fuses.

Ok i got it to start and drove directly to the auto store to check the error codes...came up with a P1516 and P2610. I know what p1516 means - i don't necessarily know what i need to replace for it to be fixed...P2610 is new to me so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks for the quick reply.
CroninBlazer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts