Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
59 Posts
Have you checked the OTHER END of the positive cable and see if there may be a problem on the starter solenoid stud may be being broke and moving around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Went out this morning and it started right up. Ran for 10 minutes and died. Went to have the battery tested and it was low so just went ahead and bought a walmart one for $60, hooked it up and nothing. Not even a click.
Starter is my next guess but would that cause it to shut off while it was already running?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
59 Posts
Went out this morning and it started right up. Ran for 10 minutes and died. Went to have the battery tested and it was low so just went ahead and bought a walmart one for $60, hooked it up and nothing. Not even a click.
Starter is my next guess but would that cause it to shut off while it was already running?
If the stud where you attach the + cable to is broke loose and not making good contact with the wiring inside the solenoid, yeah, from heat and/or vibration.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looks like the stud where the cable attaches to the starter is fine. Wire doesnt even wiggle in the slightest.

After sitting yesterday again, it started up again just fine today. It's currently been running for like 40 minutes now with no issues.

Consider me confused. is there a reason I would get nothing after installing the new battery but now it's running fine? Have done nothing different besides turn heat off. (Did turn it on for like 20 minutes to see if it would shut off but didn't.) Also have had the headlights on the past 10 to see if that would make a difference but nope.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts