Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a week ago my blower started having issues, it would for no apparent reason would just start and stop working especially when hitting bumps while driving. So this led me to start experimenting and I found that the plug that goes into the control module seems loose. If I wiggle the plug it will turn the blower on and off. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
If you've worked on connectors like that before, you know there are retention tangs you can usually tickle with a sharp, small tool like a dental pick so you can take the pins (male and female) out of the housings.

Sometimes you can see a bad crimp that is heating up with internal resistance, and that can be fixed by soldering. Sometimes the female part of the connector is loose, and the connection gets intermittent but can be improved by pinching it with needlenose.

Sometimes the wire near the connector has been bent and straightened accidentally too many times, and the conductor breaks internally while being hidden by intact insulation. That requires splicing or a butt crimp of the right size.

Intermittent connections can happen for many causes, and can usually be found by a close inspection of the parts, especially if you can wiggle individual items while the power is on to localize the problem to a single pin.

Got any engineering or technical friends who have worked on wiring before? It's sometimes possible, depending on the connector involved, to find replacements in the local parts store, but then you have to crimp or solder them into place.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome info here from 'the roadie'. Appreciate that too as I'm having similar issues.
Jay, I ordered a new module for my blower before I went out and played with the wiring:bonk: so now it is working fine without replacing the module. So if you find out yours happens to be the module going bad and you don't have one let me know and I would be more than happy to sell it to you. Later and good luck with yours!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I payed $77 shipped for it, it just got to my doorstep yesterday so it hasn't been opened. If you are interested let me know

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a GM part, got it from GMpartsdirect.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts