Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been dealing with a misfire code for a few months that only occurs if the truck has been idling for a few minutes, finally got around to working on it a bit. This is what I have done thus far.

New spark plugs
3 new coils including the one on cylinder 5 (the cylinder throwing the misfire code)

I have read some threads on A/C cooling issues and I have that as well, but it sounds like a fan clutch replacement will take care of it...so before next summer I will shell out the $180 for the updated clutch.

I am going to do the throttle body removal and cleaning as well.

Today I was able to review the live data and I see my O2 Sensor 1 (before the Cat) fluctuating down to .075 at which point my idle drops to 588, then the o2 slowly goes back up to .85 and cycles back down to .07 and I see low idle condition again. I understand I should see a cycling of the O2 sensor voltage, but should it be dropping below .1? Is it staying just high enough to not throw a code on that sensor or am I headed in the wrong direction?

This is a 2004 Envoy XUV 6cyl w/79,000 miles

Thank you for any thoughts on this issue.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I think the throttle body cleaning may alleviate your issue. I would definitely do that right away and leave your batteryun hooked while doing so, then recheck you readings?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The O2 sensor should fluctuate more than once a second. If it's slower than that, it's bad and will eventually throw a code.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts