Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 TB, 4.2 75K About a month ago engine started dying, once at 70mph. Dealer could not find any problem. Car quit and would not start while out in the sticks, local shop replaced the fuel pump. Car still would not start at times, no problem other times. Had the ignition switch changed out in frustration, no help. Decided to replace the fuel pump relay in the fuse box under hood and discovered tapping it would pull in the relay and energize the fuel pump and car would start. New relay didn't cure the problem.

Today service engine light came on with PO410. Before I start checking the air valve and air pump thought I would see if anyone has any idea if both problems might be in the wiring. Air pump fuses look OK.

·
Registered
37 Posts
you will get that code if the connections are nasty. I also have the p0410 and am waiting on the valve. If you pull the hoses off the valve and get a water flowback the valve is bad also if your truck has been sitting for a long time(overnight or several, several hours) when you start it up with the driver door open if the pump is good it will sound like a vacuum cleaner for about 20-30 secs then go off. you will also get the code if you have a cracked line. They are fun to follow. Hope this helps. Good Luck:crazy:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled both hoses and confirmed I had good suction and discharge from the pump on a cold start of the engine. I did not hear any engine noise from the solenoid valve so I puled it and connected it directly to the battery. The plunger was stuck so I seperated the valve body, unstuck thr plunger, confirmed good operation and reinstalled.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Another newby trying to figure out the dreaded P0410 code. Following texasgrand's footsteps, pump OK, nothing from solenoid, split, cleaned and freed up the plunger in the solenoid, benched tested good now. Now, wired back up on the TB, I don't see the plunger moving during a cold start, though its not bolted back up. I've placed a jumper from the case to ground thinking maybe that's needed to verify valve movement. Checked fuse 54(AIR SOL), visually fuse 56(AIR J-Case). My questions now are Micro relay 56(AIR SOL), can it be swapped out w/ 44(A/C) since they are the same P/N and does the relay on the frame have a part in any of this?(the solenoid not operating). I've ordered one but haven't picked it up yet, maybe I don't need it. Am I missing a fuse to check?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts