Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 trailblazer and I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but some of the switches like the door window switches for example will not light up when the rest of them do. I have talked to the dealer parts department and they say you have to purchase the switch, that you can't replace the bulbs in the switches. I don't know about you guys but a light on the window switch is not worth the cost of a new switch, when the function of the window switch works just fine. Has anyone had this problem and or know how to repair the old switch lights? Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,044 Posts
I have the same problem. Sometimes, if I cycle through the heated seat buttons they come back on for me. Generally, it's annoying there's no light on there, but after almost 8 years for me, I know where to find each button/switch. :yes:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,074 Posts
I have the same problem. The front window buttons don't light up either, it annoys the hell out of me b/c I always hit the rear ones at night! My friend, MajesticLT03, informed me it's one of those faulty GM things...Maybe he will see this and pipe in! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I know where the switches are, even in the dark, but I am a firm believer in if you have something it should work!! I am just paticular and it does really annoy me that they won't work.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,074 Posts
Yea, I know where the switches are, even in the dark, but I am a firm believer in if you have something it should work!! I am just paticular and it does really annoy me that they won't work.
Yea I know....But I am sure those switches are a pretty penny....recently bought one for the hubby's Silverado....something like $157, that was after a employee discount & that one doesn't even have lights in it! My windows work, so screw it!

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
I have talked to the dealer parts department and they say you have to purchase the switch, that you can't replace the bulbs in the switches.
If you can find a suitable replacement bulb, and have a knack for soldering, the bulb(s) can be replaced. Someone posted a part number for a non LED bulb that is known to work. Searching may be required.

I am almost done with the red interior light conversion. Crappy camera. Very red in real life.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,044 Posts
If you can find a suitable replacement bulb, and have a knack for soldering, the bulb(s) can be replaced. Someone posted a part number for a non LED bulb that is known to work. Searching may be required.

I am almost done with the red interior light conversion. Crappy camera. Very red in real life.

So, did your lights go out because of too much bass! :rotfl:

Seriously, looks sweet. I don't have a knack for soldering, but I have a soldering set and hell it doesn't work anyway so there's very little to lose. :)

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
So, did your lights go out because of too much bass! :rotfl:

Seriously, looks sweet. I don't have a knack for soldering, but I have a soldering set and hell it doesn't work anyway so there's very little to lose. :)
hahaha nah, that window switch didnt go out....one of the cluster ones did. I figured it would be cheaper to practice on something cheap before digging into the expensive cluster:x

i was stingy with the pics, but its a pretty cut and dry procedure, especially if you are doing a direct replacement

4wd switch before

4wd switch after

also, you can see the sharpie marks indicating the grounds (leds are pos/neg sensitive)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very good information, I can solder very well, that won't be a problem. Where did you get the LED's and if you don't mind what is the part number for them?:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts