Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm fairly new here to the site, only been a member for a few months. I signed up while researching the jet engine noise the Envoy was making...which as you all know was the fan clutch!

Anyway last Monday I went out to get in to drive to work to find that the battery was dead. Not just wouldn't crank dead, no keyless entry, no lights, no nothing. The ignition also wouldn't give me my key back, so I had to leave it in there while I walked to my sisters to get her car. It was also fun crawling into the back to get the jumper cables out of the storage compartment...no power...no hatch opening! I got it started and all has been well, but a few nights later I was going to look at a house and while sitting in the driveway waiting for the realtor I noticed that all of the dome lights that you push to turn on were on very very faint, at first i thought it was just the drivers, but it is all 6. The ones you don't push weren't on. Any Ideas? I doubt that the 6 lights on so faint would really run the battery dead, but I didn't notice it until after that happened. I also don't have the regular bulbs in there, I replaced them all with leds.

Thanks
Jake

·
Registered
2005 gmc trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
Well, mines have led's too and are all dim when i click the dome push button's. But when i use the dome knob or open the door's there super bright. I have no ideal why. Maybe thats normal. I have no batery problems.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know either, mine work fine when you push them to turn them on, open a door, or use the switch on the dash. But when you're not using them they are just on so faint...I wouldn't think they should have power. It probably had nothing to do wit the bat going dead...but I noticed it shortly after it happened...I guess it's a mystery. :)

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
I think it has something to do with resistance and the LED's having little to none. :undecided

They need some sort of resistance inline to fix that problem if all the bulbs are not equipped with something to fix it. I think there is more information in the INTERIOR MOD section. :m2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.