Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT LT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently upgraded my interior lights from the oem glass bulbs to LED bulbs from eBay (colored) and I never had any issues before switching to the LEDs but now when I turn on a single dome light by pressing the light all of them flash for a second. But they are all functioning and none are dimmed or dull. Could it be a voltage issue or are the LEDs drawing to much power? Do I need a stronger fuse? I have no experience with any wiring or anything that has to do with fuses and powering electronics. Much appreciated for any input or advice.

·
Registered
2005 gmc trailblazer_ls
163 Posts
Unfortunately in these SUVs all form of lights (headlights, breaking lights, interior lights) are controlled by BCM and switching from standard bulbs to LEDs causing them to not work properly. BCM monitors current and for this reason LEDs will not work without notification. Is it really worth it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I converted all my interior lights to LEDs and they all work perfectly once the polarity was corrected.

Since they draw considerable less current than incandescent versions, they don't put such a draw on the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts