Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I've been a member for a few years, but I rarely post. I'd like to thank everyone on the forums for all the excellent information shared, it certainly has helped me keep my truck running.

I'm having a difficult time finding a place to buy the door trim that goes around the handle of the passenger side door. I had to replace my mirror some time ago and upon removing the door, I snapped the tabs off the back of the trim that goes around my door handle. I was wondering if anybody knew of a place online that I could purchase one from. I've done some intense Googling and the only option I found was buying a whole new door panel or looking in a scrapyard. I've tried the obvious places like RockAuto and the like.

Anybody know of a place for me to snag a black interior door handle cover? Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
79 Posts
Part #

Found it! Not an easy website to navigate. I was looking for door trim but a bezel is the more specific description. I tip my hat to you, kind sir.
MOZTANG ....

Do you have a part number for the bezel? I bought our Trailblazer used and it had a broken drivers door handle bezel.

Any help would be appreciated!

- John.

Also I looked on the website gmpartsdirect.com but could not find the part.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the passengers side it is 25894591. However, when verifying my part against the VIN, the customer service rep said it was wrong. I'm waiting for their response back.

On GM Parts Direct, go to the catalog and put in your vehicle info...
Front door >> Interior Trim >> Handle bezel >> Chevrolet

You have a choice of Ebony or Grey... Mine is black but I'm okay with painting them. They pop up on eBay every once in awhile but they're expensive, relatively speaking.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
For the passengers side it is 25894591. However, when verifying my part against the VIN, the customer service rep said it was wrong. I'm waiting for their response back......
Different part number for left or right side I'm guessing.:undecided

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
79 Posts
Thanks

For the passengers side it is 25894591. However, when verifying my part against the VIN, the customer service rep said it was wrong. I'm waiting for their response back.

On GM Parts Direct, go to the catalog and put in your vehicle info...
Front door >> Interior Trim >> Handle bezel >> Chevrolet

You have a choice of Ebony or Grey... Mine is black but I'm okay with painting them. They pop up on eBay every once in awhile but they're expensive, relatively speaking.
Thanks for the response. I will have to order one for my drivers door. It looks so odd without it there right now.

This site has really helped me today with a few issues. I will definitely be coming back here for more answers in the future.:thx

- John.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Different part number for left or right side I'm guessing.:undecided
I would agree that's the case. Im guessing it also matters what color trim you want as well. Unfortunately I cant pull up the part numbers individually. The only reason I knew the previous part number was because GM Parts emailed me back with the part number listed.

If you add it to your cart and put your VIN in, one of the reps will get back to you and at the very least you'll get the part number.

Take a look at this:
http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/americastopauto/Detail?no=470
and this:
http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/americastopauto/Detail?no=448

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
69 Posts
I ordered a black one for the passenger's side front door a while ago. The part number was 15214502.

There's a thread somewhere on these forums about it.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
69 Posts
I need black front passenger, and a rear drivers side.
Might as well get a few extra cause they break easy! Where is that thread about them?

·
Registered
2007 buick rainier
661 Posts
That bezel on my newly purchased Rainier refuses to stay on. I thought it was the bezel's fault since one of the tabs is damaged so before my former Rainier was signed over to the junk yard for auction, I went and took the bezel off it since it was $60 to buy new from gm parts direct. Now, even though the replacement bezel is like new and snaps on really tight it flies off every time you slam the door. I'm thinking someone replaced a window motor and didn't get the door panel on correctly. I looked on ebay and you can actually get the whole door panel, bezel and all for the cost of just the new bezel. The Rainier is wood toned and were very on ebay few but at least when I checked a couple months back there were lots of TB bezels.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
525 Posts
I just ordered all four for mine from gmpartsdirect this morning. Speaker and window regulator replacement was the down fall of mine.
Part numbers are- 15214501 front left - $7.47
15214502 front right-$7.61
15214506 rear left - $7.74
15214507 rear right-$11.60 :weird:
My truck is an '03 and the color for the bezel #'s listed is black, I hope this helps. They have reasonable prices but tend to break it off in you on the shipping.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
I just picked one up from the stealership this weekend. I was going to get it from GM Parts Direct but they wanted almost $14 to ship it. I paid $22 for it at the dealership which was about $.50 more than the total from GMPD. They did however want $65 to install it which I of course declined. I sat down in my TB and snapped it in in literally less than 10 seconds. By my calculations they could do 6 per minute or 360 per hour, multiply that by $65 for each one which equals $23,400 per hour. I know I didn't include time for them to walk to and get in each vehicle but still you see where I am going.... they rip you off! And they want you to make an appointment sometime in the middle of the day on a weekday (when most people are at work) and use the gas to come back up there. Either way, sorry for my rant but for a piece like this, that is inexpensive, may be easier to just swing by the car lot and pick it up and throw it on yourself.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
525 Posts
Based on the prices from my local stealership I saved about $25 bucks and that was with the outrageous shipping from GMPD. Parts have installed and she's looking brand new again. :)

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
7 Posts
OK..2004 Rainer with the (Tiger) Wood trim. In March the RR door bezel came off while a friend was cleaning out the car. I just thought that was some detailing! Then this morning I just closed the driver's door..and the bezel popped off. $90.00plus APIECE to replace the originals.
I have found the Trailblazer one's for 56.00 a set on ebay..black, so Tiger will just have to fuss at Harley Earl. My question, since they are shaped the same..will they fit? Thanks/ G Hester

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK..2004 Rainer with the (Tiger) Wood trim. In March the RR door bezel came off while a friend was cleaning out the car. I just thought that was some detailing! Then this morning I just closed the driver's door..and the bezel popped off. $90.00plus APIECE to replace the originals.
I have found the Trailblazer one's for 56.00 a set on ebay..black, so Tiger will just have to fuss at Harley Earl. My question, since they are shaped the same..will they fit? Thanks/ G Hester
I do not know for sure, but looking at pictures of the different bezels I would have to say no. They definitely have a different profile, but I don't know if they attach differently on a Buick. You may get lucky though because the handle assembly looks nearly identical.

Maybe you could post a picture of the back of your broken bezel and I could maybe compare it to mine. At the very least, I can tell you if the tabs are located in the same spot. Even better, take a picture of it next to a ruler or a coin or something so we have a reference for size.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is a picture of my broken passenger side bezel. My clips measure 1/2" by about 3/8". The clips seem to be located in a similar relative location. The inside of your bezel seems to be a lot bigger than mine. Hopefully you can use this to compare. I still cannot confidently tell you whether or not it will fit. Maybe after I post and see them next to each other it will be easier to tell.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts