Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the box on top of the engine that says 4200 on it has a little plug in on the front right side. The air intake going to the throttle body also has a sensor on it that im assuming is the MAF sensor. I want to eliminate that 4200 box and have my intake dump directly into my throttle body. What is the little connector going into that black box on the front right side of it? Also i was wondering what is the point of gutting your air box?

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,201 Posts
Well..
if you wanted you could just take off the Resonator box, no Prob.
The two hoses that go into it can just be connected to the main intake.

When you get a K&N thats what it does, just plugs straight into the new pipe

Look at the pic and u will see where the two hoses go.
http://www.streetperformance.com/ART/PRODUCTS/100478/77-3036kp.jpg

Hope this helps

· Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well people say that the double wall inside the box where theair filter is creates more insulation so im thinking about just cutting the opening a little bigger in the front so it gets more air and than buying one of those intake tubes from like autozone since i already have a KN drop in filter. Thx for the picture i see now that it just plugs in there thats easy enough.

· Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
8,149 Posts
There are two hoses that need to be rerouted. The small one is for the fuel pressure regulator. The bigger one is for the crankcase ventilation. Both need to be connected to a vacuum source.

· Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,248 Posts
As mentioned above, both of those lines can relocate to the intake, and any aftermarket intake will have provisions for the fittings, plus an air temprature sensor that mounts into the intake tube itself.

Hogging out the inside of the air box will not really change performance much, but it will make a bit more noise, and perhaps give a clearer path to airflow for a drop-in filter. I did mine with a drop-in K&N (Have one for sale -- PM me) and again used it for the True Flow CAI that I installed. Works great.

Next mod is to drop on the ram air hood, then open the top of the factory air-box to meet the cold air hood ducting. :D

· Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
I have an air raid on mine which leaves the BOX.
If anything I would just go to homedepot etc and buy the tube to extend and make holes etc for those 2 holes.......

I was looking at this setup yesterday and I see on the 02 envoy the very front right corner of this air box is a vacuum line plugging into it, I have not seen anyone mention that.

anyone know what diameter tube I would need? I think I saw someone mention 3inches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.