Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the lights on the instrument panel, radio, won't work. we turn the tb on and all the lights in the panel wont work. has any one had this problem before

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
353 Posts
i had a messed up wire in my car audio setup that put out a couple LEDs on my HVAC... fixed the wire, they turned back on... atleast i think thats what happened... they came back on after i fixed some wiring, coulda been a coincidence though.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the radio is stock, after we drive for a while the panel lights turn on(sometimes)

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
I think ur saying that it's the lights that are not working. You may have a bad spot on the light rheostat (the knob that adjusts the brilliance of the dash lights). Try turning the knob a little bit to change the "touch point". This was a very common problem on cars of yesteryear.

Now, if I am wrong and your saying the radio does not work at times, the problem may be in the ignition switch. A very common problem with these trucks.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
1 Posts
Instrument Panel was not working. Easy Fix -125 Amp Mega Fuse

I have an 02 Chevy Trailblazer with over 220,xxx miles. Recently my instrument panel was blank. The power windows weren't working, nor were the back lights or radio. This was an easy fix. I purchased a 125 Amp Mega Fuse (bolt on) for $6.50 at NAPA. I disconnected the battery and replaced the fuse. Yes, the power was restored. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts