Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 GMC Envoy. Today when I started the car I had no instruments on the cluster that worked it did not even show drive, neutral, reverse, etc , only turn signals. When I got home I tried it a few more times after replacing all the fuses and got nothing so this evening once it cooled down outside I tried it one more time before pulling it out to check the connections and everything worked. Has anyone else run into this before. Is it something that is only going to get worse like Google seems to indicate.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next possibility please

Today I replaced the ignition switch and still the gauges are not working. I also replaced the instrument panel battery 125A fuse just in case. Still nothing but again last night on the way home they were working for about 15 miles then went dead.:hissy:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
53 Posts
First, I would get a schematic, like out of Haynes, and trace out where all the ground locations are located. This line of GM vehicles is notorious for corrosion at ground points.

If all that checks out then the cluster pc board probably has faulty solder joints. You might try to repair it yourself by reheating and reflowing the joints with a pencil-tip low wattage solder iron. This must be a common problem because I do see a lot of ads in the AutoTrader and the advertisement world for places that will repair/rebuild the cluster board and then send it back to you. They especially note in the ads these years of GM products.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give that a try Saturday and post with results. Thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts