Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving my instrument cluster died. All the gauges went to zero. Warning & service lights still work. Later I stopped at the grocery store. The vehicle was parked and turned off for 15 minutes. When I drove away the gauges were still at zero and then came back to life. Now they are dead again.

My battery has also been draining overnight. Not every night though.

After reading threads on TrailVoy I figured it must be the ignition switch. I replaced that this morning. I charged the battery and started the engine. Ignition works but the gauges still don't The battery also drained.

I assumed the ignition switch might be related but now I'm not so sure. I was having problems with the key getting stuck but now figure that was because of the dead battery. (I learned the stuck key is a symptom of a dead battery.)

I've checked all the fuses in the engine compartment and back seat with my multimeter. All good.

I've read about replacing stepper motors but don't think that is the culprit since they all went out at once.

The only aftermarket device in the vehicle is a JVC audio receiver. It's been in for a couple years. No amps or alarm systems.

Can anyone give me some guidance on how to troubleshoot this? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts