Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I am pleased to welcome you in the first post on the forum. I am looking for help from people who may have had a problem similar to mine. I am from Poland and I have the Trailblazer 4.2L LTZ from 2003. I was looking for help in many nearby workshops, but none of them was able to help me with my problem. Well, the car has been standing in the garage for a long time (a few months - used rarely). When I last started the car, all the controls started flashing on the dashboard. They appeared irregularly and the words "unknown driver" appeared, while the gauges dropped and returned also irregularly.
I started by checking and cleaning the ground in the engine compartment and the problem disappeared for one day. The problem came back, and after about two days my dashboard stopped working completely (started only once after I left him for the night). Only the backlight works. After turning the key to the II position, only the "Engine" indicator lights up, which disappears after the car has been started. The car itself behaves normally. In addition, the fan blower stopped working as it should normally, i.e. regardless of which level of blow I choose it blows the same level. Sometimes, after switching off the car, the fan blower does not turn off. I replaced the "ignition switch" yesterday, but it did not help. Do you have any suggestions about what it can be?

·
Registered
2004 isuzu ascender
8 Posts
Dashboard Failure

I had the same problem a few years back with my 2004 Isuzu Ascender (twin to Trailblazer, Bravada, Envoy, etc). The likely problem is a short on the back of the printed circuit board of the instrument cluster caused by moisture build up and corrosion at the solder joints. You can clean the contacts with alcohol or other electonic cleaner. Just be careful not to damage any of the printed circuits; just use a cloth and the cleaner fluid. I haven't had any issues with mine since.

Removing the cluster is pretty straight forward. There are two screws just below the cluster in the dash (at least on my model). You'll have to lower the steering wheel as far as it will go. I wish I had taken pictures of the process when I tackled my problem, but I don't remember that it was overly difficult to remove and reinstall.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts