Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if changing out the cluster in a lt to an ss will work? Other than the fact that the miles are slightly off? And will the steering wheel with controls also work? My wifes has no controls on the wheel and want to add them.. I know i may have to add the harness if its not there... but has anyone done either of this? Thanks...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
It can be done i have done full conversions but its not going to be cheap

cluster, clockspring, wheel, buttons, labor

:crazy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a cluster, Wouldnt it be plug and play as far as that? I figured the wheel may be a bit involved, but thats not a problem... lol. Heck done full 3800 swaps for cars obd2 and all.. just didnt want to plug the cluster in and find myself stranded.. lol wife would be far from happy...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Cluster would be plug and play but you would not be able to access all features. You can add switches to access the DIC functions

Just wondering if you have an LT why would you not have dic and the steering wheel buttons there standard on an lt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no clue why it doesnt???? She saw it and liked it... has powerseats, lumbar, bose with xm, etc.. but no wheel controls.... ?? I have an 06 tbss drivetrain for it so thats why i wanted to swap clusters but didnt know... maybe i should just hunt for a column out of a tb with wheel controls, may be easier and less time involved

1 - 5 of 5 Posts