Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So i have the Metra AXXESS GMOS-01 adapter and all the nessecery stuff installed. I am wanting to know how/if the door chime/OnStar will still be functional when i run all four door speakers on a seperate amp. Im not sure how all the wiring and what not works with the adapter. I really want to retain all the factory options i can. Thanks for any and all help.

Note: 06 Trailblazer non-bose (obviously), OnStar (obviously)

Nick:cool:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That in no way answers my question. I have the right adaptor and everything i just want to know if OnStar and the door chime will still work with the door speakers if im running them off a seperate 4 channel amp.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
http://forums.trailvoy.com/search.php

honestly, i have no idea. after reading the material it would seem that you would, assuming your wiring is correct. i didnt care about door chimes cause i thought they were annoying as was the onstar, so i just soldered the wires.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Mine has the Bose amp so I don't have a direct answer.
You say you have the GMOS-1 hooked up already?
So you have an aftermarket radio going through the adapter to the factory speakers now? And the chimes work?
I would think - yes - that's what that adapter is supposed to do.
Now, how are you adding your amp?

If you're using the speaker wires out of the gmos-1 (going to the speakers) to your amp, yes, the front left out of your amp will play chimes & what not.

If you're using the rca's right out of the new radio to the amp, no the chimes won't play through your amp. (but maybe you could hook a sepereate speaker up to the front left of the gmos-1 just for that??)

Hopefully someone with the non-bose will chime in!

Here's the search results for 'add an amp'. Some reading for you! Ooops, I can't (not sure how) make it a link when editing - copy and paste this. http://forums.trailvoy.com/search.php?searchid=1823115
Oh, it's clickable! :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man, finally im getting some where :duh:. The chimes are working now and i definatly want to keep OnStar. And yes i want to run the 4 channel amp out of the HU. Maybe i can run an extra length of speaker wire from the front 2 speakers to the speaker output wires on the GMOS-01 adapter? Does anyone think that would work, or would that cause some sort of interference of reduce the power to the speakers? Im trying to think of cleaver ideas here lol.:undecided

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
So, you have a new radio and are going to run the rca's out of it to your new amp.
How were you going to run the speaker output of your amp to your speakers?
Run new wires or tap into the existing ones at some point?

Although I would have liked better wires to the speakers, I tapped into the existing ones to avoid running the wiring through the door (whatever it's called - molex?).

The chimes (and what not) aren't fed into your radio. With the gmos-1 they are added after and in adition to your radio output. Even mine with the bose amp, I completely unhooked the radio outputs and the chimes still played.

Here's an idea.
I hope someone with the non bose helps out here!
If you run the front speaker outs of your amp up to were the gmos is. Find out which wires go to the speakers and cut them. Wire the amp to the speakers. The wires coming out of the gmos (that used to go to the speakers), wire nut and tape (seperately) the front right, then hook the front left to a speaker to play the chimes. You could either add a speaker in the dash (already cut out for one) or add an external cb speaker or whatever.

At the top ot the page, there's an articles section that has an article on how to tap into the rear speaker wires. Just keep in mind that if you use that article, they are tapping into the wires to add an amp. You would be cutting them - capping off the ones coming from the gmos - and hooking your rear amp speaker wires to the factory wiring.

Shweww. Am I confusing you!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good thinkin! I planned on running new wire to all 4 speakers. So what your basically saying is that i could leave the GMOS hooked up as is but cut the wires coming out of the front right(?) speaker and tap them into that speaker? thanks for all the help!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts