Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new to the site and I have to say so far its been very helpful.
I am installing an amp and speaker in the back of my 02 TB, I was wondering for any of you out there who have installed amps, for the power cable do i have to go through the fire wall or can i hook up somewhere else? like the back seat fuse box? also where is the remote wire coming out of the back of a stock radio? if not then where should i connect one to? Looked at someones pic of a wire going into the fuse spot for the front wipers in the fuse box under the seat. is this an ok idea? what gauge wire do i need?
Thanks

installing a small 250 amp with a 10" sub if that makes a dif in anything.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
for the power cable do i have to go through the fire wall or can i hook up somewhere else? like the back seat fuse box?
Battery is recommended.

also where is the remote wire coming out of the back of a stock radio?
Does not exist.

Looked at someones pic of a wire going into the fuse spot for the front wipers in the fuse box under the seat. is this an ok idea?
Has worked for others for remote turn on.

what gauge wire do i need?
Can you be more specific? Power lead or remote lead?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. for your last response: what gauge wire do i need for the remote wire. Also where would be the best place to go through the fire wall for the power supply?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,082 Posts
There is a sticky in this section that shows a good place to run the power wire through dash. It is the method I will be using. It is labeled my version of amp install. I think its the first sticky.

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
Thanks. for your last response: what gauge wire do i need for the remote wire. Also where would be the best place to go through the fire wall for the power supply?
Remote wire doesn't need much - I used 18ga and it works fine. I put the 4ga power cable through the firewall by cutting a hole in the large rubber gasket to the left of the steering column. Be careful, as there are already wires running in there!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! ill try that out and let you know how it goes. Ill post some pics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts