Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have almost everything ready to replace the factory equipment, but need some details about the dash tweeters.

Does anyone know how to replace the dash tweeters? is it worth it at the first place?

This is what i got so far:
Dynamat 36sq ft (to cover all the doors)
Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD
Infinity kappa 63.9i (will be installed in the front if i don't replace factory tweeters)
Polk db651
Sony 4-channel amp
Wiring: Scosche e1000 + premium gold plated RCA, 12AWG speaker wire.

Will post some pictures of the installation and after completing it.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
its super easy to get to them. pop the plastic piece off and there you go. the only hard part is finding a place for the crossovers and getting the wires from the midbass to the crossover (through the door). DO NOT MOUNT THE CROSSOVERS INSIDE THE DOOR, THEY WILL RUST.

dont know, you didnt list, but the adaptor for the HU.

i would do the same brand and series for the rear speakers.
and i would look for a new 4 channel, sony = :x:x:x

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
i agree with finding a new amp.

Where would you suggest for mounting the crossovers. i was always told to mount them as close to the speakers as possible. but if they are going to rust in the doors then where is a good place. Is there room behind the glove box? i know there is plenty of room behind the dash on the drivers side.
Also if they rust out in the door im assuming its because of moisture. does this same moisture cause speakers problems as well.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
i agree with finding a new amp.

Where would you suggest for mounting the crossovers. i was always told to mount them as close to the speakers as possible. but if they are going to rust in the doors then where is a good place. Is there room behind the glove box? i know there is plenty of room behind the dash on the drivers side.
Also if they rust out in the door im assuming its because of moisture. does this same moisture cause speakers problems as well.
yes, its not sealed moisture does get into the doors. when my passenger side speakers failed (infinity kappas) i opened it and POURED water out, it had not rained for a few days i had no idea where it came from???

anyways the speakers can rust too, not much you can do about that.

i mounted mine in the lower center console. below the stereo, by the passengers feet.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess i will just use those small Pioneer tweeters, or others without crossover, not sure if the factory tweeters will handle the new setup.

I know Sony amp is not great, but i don't think i need something better right now, just wanna boost the speakers up a little bit and keeping up with a budget. I used Sony amps before, not bad for entry levels and especially the price, paid $68 (1/4 the cost of the other big brands). However, i might change afterwards.

The Infinity speakers come with attached crossover, will try to find a good spot for them away from water, dust, and humidity. The Dynamat sheet should help.

Thanks for your help and advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts