Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The TB has 30,000 miles and I thought it was time.

I had the usual problems with the Quality and fitment of the Volant, but I got it to work.

I also came up with a simple solution for the PCV hose:

This is the molded part of the OEM Intake.

OK now forget that I showed you that pic. Just kidding. Now there is another elbow connected to this peice. Pull off the outer ring.

Now cut a 1 1/8" hole in the new Volant. Don't be scared.

Trim Hose to fit, I cutoff one inch.

Insert into Airbox.

I would suggest installing the to bolts that are closer to th front of the truck and then the most rearward bolt. It worked well for us.

No pics of the exhaust. I installed it in about 155 minutes, ran it down to the exhaust shop and had two welds done in 5 minutes.

I am not very hip about the sound, but the wife likes it and it is her truck.

You just cannot put exhaust on anything, except a V8, and expect it to sound great!:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
nice ..i have volant...just be car3full the filter is $100....dont try to dry it with a hairdryer it shrinks fast...wash...air dry only then spray with oil maybe every 15k

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My filter is a dry filter.

I cannot hear the intake for the load ass exhaust.

The gibson drone's terribly, but it is getting quieter.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is either getting better or I am getting used to it.......still not real impressed....I hope the tune helps.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took a trip to Austin and got 19mpg in mixed driving.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
169 Posts
I have an 06 TB and I've just installed my volant intake. There's alot more drilling and cutting than I thought there should be but it came out good in the end. I'd suggest using a dremel tool and some patience. Idk how you did it but the plastic was basically melted to the elbow, I just pryed it off and sanded it down. It looks like it came with the kit and gives it a clean look. Though there is a definite gap around the bottom of the cover, I imagine some foam rubber would clear that up. Thanks for the help. :woohoo:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WTF did you grind on?:undecided

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
169 Posts
lol, I'll be honest, I think I rushed and forgot to reuse the smaller elbow attached to the hose. :duh: I just pryed off the one attached to the air box and didn't bother using the other one. Though it still worked out since I was able to save the filter on the elbow. I was home for the weekend and was trying to install it at the last min. It hasn't thrown any codes so I'm not worried about it, works like it's supposed to.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
66 Posts
pictures of the gibson please, or even a video... or else it didn't happen...

·
Registered
2007 chevy
1,268 Posts
just put a volant intake on my girls tb and when i got the kit there was no place for the pvc hose so my local speed shop called volant and asked them why they said i got the wrong air box so they sent me the right one took a week or so but they do have the right one so u dont have to cut a hole. just call them and they will send you the right one and they even let u keep the other air box.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My Camera is down, but I will get some video one of these days..... :lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes sir; one in the same. ALong with Cadillacforums, tx4x4.org, ck5.com, pirate4x4.com, pyonline.com, turbododge.com, turbo-mopar.com, z28.com, 3rdgen.org, etc.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Volante is still a piece of ****!

Gibson is holding in there. MY mother n law borrowed the triuck and got it stuck; dented the exhaust and now it has a weird rattle.

I also just replaced the engine with one with less miles and have the following **** for sale:

Going in the trash this week if no one wants it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts