Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been sitting in my closet for about a month now waiting for the Envoy to get fixed. Here are just some of the pics that I took.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Lookin" spiffy......:thumbsup:.glad to see you have your Envoy back!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the sound, especially when I'm accelerating! One thing I'm upset about is all the gaps between the shield and washer fluid tank. Also the big gap where the pipe goes under the shield...

I went ahead and cleaned the TB while I had everything off. If I had realized at the time, I would have gotten new spark plugs also. But I'll do that before I mod and paint the resonator and put it back on!

Now all I need is a PCM4LESS tune!

EDIT: I'm trying to get my video camera/etc all worked out and once I do, I'll put up some video's!

EDIT#2: If anyone's interested, I have LOTS of pics showing step by step on how to install it, so I can make an article...

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,191 Posts
I love the sound, especially when I'm accelerating! One thing I'm upset about is all the gaps between the shield and washer fluid tank. Also the big gap where the pipe goes under the shield...
There is a fix for that...
With a little bit of Pushing and shoving the stock air box should fit over the K&N Filter.( mine did)

I also hollowed out the intake resonator and did the air box later( sealed it to)
also ran a hose from the font to the filter, now the intake is completely cold air from outside.

here is a pic.

Looks good BTW !!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is a fix for that...
With a little bit of Pushing and shoving the stock air box should fit over the K&N Filter.( mine did)

I also hollowed out the intake resonator and did the air box later( sealed it to)
also ran a hose from the font to the filter, now the intake is completely cold air from outside.

here is a pic.

[pic]

Looks good BTW !!
Thanks man! I was wondering if the old air box cover would fit. I'm going to try it out!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm pretty sure if will fit over without cutting or anything, migh
Take a little bit of moving around but u should get it, if u want to
Put the vortec thing back on u need to hollow it out. I have pics if
Your interested
yeh sure pics would be awesome! I was planning on painting and putting the resonator back on! Pics would make it much easier!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,191 Posts
yeh sure pics would be awesome! I was planning on painting and putting the resonator back on! Pics would make it much easier!

No Prob

once i cut off the Part where the hoses clamp on, u cut some round tubing and pushed it on. so it doesnt look all cut up once its put on.

i dont have pics of the gutted air box. but its pretty easy to do.
All u need is a dermal and a cutting bit. O, yea and safety glasses for sure.
Hot melted plastic in your eye isnt fun. TRUST ME !!

·
Registered
2005 saab envoy_sle_xl
286 Posts
I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the intake and like the sound. Im happy my old intake went to a good home. :)

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
48 Posts
have you noticed an increase in mpg? i'm looking at going to a more aggressive tire and would like to counter that and maybe add a little power as well. notice an increase in hp when driving at all?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
125 Posts
I am wanting to do this and now that I have seen pretty decent pictures I should have no problem now. :hail::hail:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
234 Posts

Since you covered the filter back up did you notice a drop in sound from the intake? Just curious. I'm definitly doing what you did to keep it looking stock. Looks good!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts