Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 gmc envoy_slt
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I want to start this off with I did search and was rewarded with this thread for the 02-04:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=6459

My problem is that it doesnt mention the plastic piece that is on the bottom of the HVAC/Radio area. I removed the four screws in the bottom and tried to turn/shove/pry the plastic out of the way to get to the clips to pop it off. The only other way that I can think of doing it is to remove the armrest dealy (center console? Dunno the technical name for it) to get to pull it all back. Searched around for that removal too, didnt see anything. Might have been hidden in one of the threads I didnt look at though.

Pictures atached because flickr is being difficult.

So I realllly want to get this done today, lol... I ran the power wires yesterday and it took forever because I was a retard making it harder than it had to be. Ready for some bump!

Thanks for any help yall can give!
-Justin

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,294 Posts
I thought there were 6 screws total but maybe someone else can chime in. Make sure you are prying so the two vents will be removed too, not just the plastic piece. Oh, and make sure you are in neutral with the parking brake on. Not sure if this helps though, I have an 02.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 gmc envoy_slt
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, there are 6 screws, the two in the front are the ones that Im having a hard time getting to because I cant get the plastic piece out of the way.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,294 Posts
You shouldnt need to remove your whole center counsole, but here is a possible suggestion. There is a screw under the rubber cup holder (the little one towards your radio.) undo that and that may help you just be able to fudge enough. or are there any on the plastic part that can help you if you removed them?

·
Registered
2009 gmc envoy_slt
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I wouldnt have looked under the cup holder for a long time! Ill let you know how it goes

Yeah the plastic piece has the same 4 screws that used to just be in the carpet I think? I dunno.

If you dont see anything up here from me in the next half hour youll know that it worked! Thanks

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts
well I have an 02 envoy and i'll say that I have never been able to remove my center dash without having to removing the center console. Hope it works for you. But if not you are going to have to remove the center console completely to finish it.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2009 gmc envoy_slt
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whelp, I was able to get the center dash out without removin the console. the plastic piece on the bottom splits a little to the right of the center of it and with that taken apart I was able to finagle it enough to get to the two bottom screws. It'll be interesting to get it back together :p might have to hit you up on how to get the console out just to put it back together... perhaps a link to a thread about it?

Cant wait to get it in there, itll be nice to have the ddx back in with touchscreen and a bright display!

·
Registered
2009 gmc envoy_slt
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
congrads on the 09, good luck with the install
Thanks.

However, I made a horribly stupid mistake and long story short of it Ill have to buy a new antenna wire :x unless I can just crimp the connector onto the rest of the wire that has been removed from it. Oh well. I suppose I can do everything else and just wait till tomorrow morning for the radio...

·
Registered
2009 gmc envoy_slt
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well... this looks to be on hold for a little while since I seem to have forgotten to take the harnesses that connect to the headunit (power, ground, etc.) off when I was takin it from the the wrecked tC... oh well. Now I have to wait until the parts come from kenwood :(

Will update when things change.

Looks like I will be deleting the Antenna as well, which I had planned on doing anyway. I just dont want to wait for the bass :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.