Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum and am hoping that someone can help me out. I am installing the GM12-AUXV2 adapter in my 2006 Envoy. Everything is going fine, but I need some help in finding where to connect the 12v power and ground wires. I have searched the forums, but haven't found a clear answer.

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
does it require constant hot? or ignition hot? whats the draw in amps? Its probably low amps, like .2 in which case you should be ok piggybacking power from the head unit if you dont want to go far to tap power, if its a constant hot feed (prob not more likely only on when ignition is on) you can tap one of the cig lighter feeds. The ground you can pull off of the dash mounting frame with an I-loop at any point you can loosen a screw and slip it under.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
963 Posts
:iagree: I put one of these in my rig; I tapped into one of the 12v accessory plug wires for constant power. For the ground wire I loosened a nut from a bolt on the fire wall bracing and attached the wire to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.