Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i just bought a pair of fog lamps and am going to install them. the only thing is the wiring. where do i run to wires to... i saw on my fuse box there is a fuse for fog lamps, but where do i run the + and - wires to... directly to the battery and install a switch? what is the most basic way?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The vehicle has some of the wiring for factory fog lamps, with place for a fuse and relay in the fuse block. But you also have to have a different headlight switch assembly with the fog light control switch. If you want it totally integrated as an OEM item. Otherwise keep it all separate as in the posted schematic. Many aftermerket fog light packages come with a switch and relay kit, or you can buy a separate kit. If this is your first time you might want to buy some good beer and dangle it to attract (or cultivate) a friend who has experience with this stuff. And learn from them.

What kind of fog lights did you buy? OEM or aftermarket?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
118 Posts
As mentioned above, you can wire in to separate switch/relay per the diagram for stand alone lights. If you want the factory look-operation, you need OEM lights & switch, aftermarket / homebrew brackets, wiring, fuse, relay installed in the present underhood fuse box and a reprogram of the BCM to recognize the added lights . Several articles located on this forum with pictures thru the search function. Good luck and get back to us on your install progress. THNX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts