Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

This is to all you with lifts. Now I was just wondering if you guys just take your lifted trailvoys into the shop as is to get your inspection sticker? I'm going with approx. 32's so do I just leave em on to get my sticker or should I put the stockers back on. I was just askin this b/c my buddy took his 33's off his jeep to get a sticker, but I'll take a guess and say it was because the stuck out too far out past the fenders?

I would like to sell my stock 18's to get some money back on the new tires but I will keep them if need be.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
The biggest issue with inspections for us would be the tires sticking out past the fender... that is probably why your buddy takes off his 33s. If you have flares, that would eliminate that problem. Last time I was inspected in NJ, I went through with the complete lift and wheel spacers... just didnt have big tires yet....

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i thought would be the problem, the tires sticking out past fender. I know he def takes off his 37's now but i thought i remembered him even doing it with the 33's as well.

:hijacked also to hijack my own thread...gordinho what paint did you use on your rainier wheels? im looking to paint the H3 wheels i just picked up.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
32 Posts
As a fellow Ma$$hole I can tell you from my experience you should have no issue with the inspection as long as your fenders cover the tires. The majority of inspection stations will not even notice you have a lift...

Good luck.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
294 Posts
mikemu79 lights too

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure what the right height is but your headlights can only be so far from the ground. That's what i was worried about for inspection.
We wont ever have a problem with that until someone does a SAS conversion. You have to have a huge lift like this guy to have to be worried about that. He lives about 20 minutes from me and when he put his kid in the truck he had to put his boy on his shoulder and his wife would grab him off his shoulder. They have a step ladder that drops down to get in.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha thanks guys...that truck is redonkulous.

i suppose ill be all set then and once i get the new set up ill try to sell the stock wheels to get some $$ back. i need to get a new sticker this month anyway so ill do that before i do the lift and ill only have to worry bout it in another year..

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
32 Posts
Worst case on the headlights the inspection station can realign them to the propper aim point but I doubt it will be an issue. I had 33's on my ranger with no issues ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts