Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've determined that I thrashed something on the interior of the radio. Here's the deal, the radio powers up, I can changed bands, switch to XM, turn the volume up and down, basically do everything, but no audio is coming out of the unit to the speakers.
I plugged my iPod directly up to my amp, and sound comes out of all the speakers. I'm determined to fix it. The alternative of retaining the rear audio controls, XM, door chimes, and steering wheel controls is too much for me to wrap my head around right now.
Can anybody help or does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Hard to help you...you haven't filled out your UserCP, so we don't know what vehicle you have, and you didn't tell what radio you have.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
257 Posts
possibly fried the internal amp for the head unit itself?? that's a weird deal, electronics themselves do weird things.... Ideal thing would be if you could find a matching radio at a scrap yard or something and work out a deal to see if they'd let you install it and see if it fixes the problem

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
there are companies that work specifically with our headunits. use the search to find them.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about that guys. 07 TB LT Non Bose CD/XM. I looked on the 'for sale' section, didn't see any for sale really. Also, is the XM subscription attached to the radio itself, or the truck?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=49728&highlight=repair+radio

you can alway check out the junk yard. but you will have to get the radio scanned by the dealer cause there are some numbers inside the unit that need to match up with the trucks computer. think its around $100.

as for the xm, not 100%, but i think if you get a new unit you will loose the subscription. you can alway give them a call and try to work somthing out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts