Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the bad title, but could really use some help. Just recently when I start my car up and the engine isn't at full heat, when I give it gas the motor sounds like it can't breath and is sucking in as much air as possible, then after a few minutes it finally stops and sounds normal. I have had a aftermarket full intake for quite sometime. Anyone have any experience with this or ideas???

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
270 Posts
Does it run rough at idle when cold or does it just sound bad?

Have you cleaned your throttle body lateley? I know that after I removed and cleaned my throttle body, my truck ran better at cold Idle as well as after warm up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The idle isn't rough, when I initially start it up it does idle high in park around 1500 to 1700 rpm, and thats with it being 70 degrees outside.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
i notice yur an 02...how many miles do you have?

does it sound like your standing next to a F-16 jet? could be your fan clutch since you havnt mentioned that yuv had this issue yet, thatd be my guess...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
btw high idle on cold start is a chevy thing...dnt sweat that...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure about an F-16, but it sounds just like a semi-truck. I understand the high idle when cold being a chevy thing, but this is a new problem and when its 70 degrees outside and the temp gauge is over a 100, shouldn't be idling high.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
mhmm...soudns like the fan clutch to me...hopefully someone ese will chime in here too with me

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:iagree: Keep an eye on your temp gauge. If the roar goes away after a minute or so your safe for now. But, start saving for a new fan clutch. Or watch for a sale and buy it to have on hand when yours goes.:m2: With it being an '02, you should consider changing the water pump at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts