Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my stepdad is 1 of 27 people from the Delaware GM plant (soltice/sky) that is transferring to the Kansas Plant (malibu?). What are the surrounding areas like? My half brother & sister are both in high school still, are there good high schools in the area? They will prob be looking for 4 bedroom homes also. He just got the notice last night by certified mail, i stated that he has to be out there by Aug 3rd. Looks like i may have to start keeping an eye on some local meets out here and plan my visit so i can meet some other TV members and see family at the same time.

Thanks for the info,

·
Registered
76 Posts
kansas city is a great place easy to get around 435 wraps around the entire city making it easy to commute as far as places to live i would stick to the outter areas or north kc south has some bad spots, any idea where he will be looking?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, he is going out aug 3rd. i believe him and another 2 guys are gonna rent a place for awhile. all 3 of them have families, plus homes they have to sell in a horrible market. my mom and them may go out soon or in the future its all unsure. about how far are the northern burbs from the plant? any idea?

:thx

·
Registered
76 Posts
well thats the good news, its in the northland up around the airport.There are plenty of nice places to live for not much money, if i didnt work in belton (south of kansas city) i would look for a place out there.oh yeah anyway what i was trying to say was shouldnt have to drive more then 5 or 10 minutes depending on where exactly he finds a place, but shouldnt be a prob!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well thats the good news, its in the northland up around the airport.There are plenty of nice places to live for not much money, if i didnt work in belton (south of kansas city) i would look for a place out there.oh yeah anyway what i was trying to say was shouldnt have to drive more then 5 or 10 minutes depending on where exactly he finds a place, but shouldnt be a prob!
he wouldnt know what to do with a 15min drive, a few years back he and my mom moved to the beach, which put his drive to work 1-1.5 hrs each way. w/o beach traffic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts