Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Infinity Basslink

12K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  BO TIE SS 
#1 ·
In my youth, I would have been competing with those members with 15s or 18s. I wanted a nice clean bass sound with a neat install and the ability to keep most of my cargo area. So began my project: Phase I

Materials: 3/4" board, 44"x11" ,black material,spray adheasive,black spray paint,misc. hardware

I painted the board because I wasn't sure how well the spray adheasive would stick to bare wood. (and in case you could see through the material) Then drilled holes to match the cargo tiedown locations

Then glued the material to the board and mounted the speaker mounts

Next, bolt the board down using the existing threaded holes

And finally, mount the speakers. Notice how much cargo area is still available and the fact that the cover still fits

Now, I realize that I won't be winning any high decible compititions, but there will be plenty of bass and I can still carry stuff.
Phase II will be to hook everything up.

See less See more
#8 ·
Don't know yet.:bonk:

nice look cant wait to hear it.
Me too!:thumbsup:

I'm not sure if you heard that thing yet, but my friend installed one in his VUE and it wasn't any better than some factory stereos I have heard. He only had one so hopefully adding a second will make it sound better. He returned it the day after due to the over-excursion sound it kept letting out on the low bass notes.

Nice install though, but IMO for the amount of room you did take up, you could have added a quality 10" and got better response from the subwoofer. As long as you enjoy the sound then that is all that matters.
I'm thinking that your friend may have had a defective unit or had the settings wrong. I had just one of these hooked up inside the house, in a two story greatroom which is open to the kitchen area and it filled that whole area with nice bass. I had it powered with a 30amp 13.8v power supply.
I think that as long as I have enough power to them, I'll be fine.

#7 ·
I'm not sure if you heard that thing yet, but my friend installed one in his VUE and it wasn't any better than some factory stereos I have heard. He only had one so hopefully adding a second will make it sound better. He returned it the day after due to the over-excursion sound it kept letting out on the low bass notes.

Nice install though, but IMO for the amount of room you did take up, you could have added a quality 10" and got better response from the subwoofer. As long as you enjoy the sound then that is all that matters.

#11 ·
i just have one question: why 2?

ive heard them myself at the store, and they sounded good. Ive nerver heard one in a truck/car before, but it seems like most everyone who buys one loves it. Im just wondering why you have two? for the same space you could get a single 10 in a sealed and do double the wattage easily.

i like your mounting method.

#13 ·
i just have one question: why 2?

ive heard them myself at the store, and they sounded good. Ive nerver heard one in a truck/car before, but it seems like most everyone who buys one loves it. Im just wondering why you have two? for the same space you could get a single 10 in a sealed and do double the wattage easily.
I'm really not serious enough about it to build my own box or mount amps. One probably would have been fine, but I'm sure there will be times that I want the extra bass.

i like your mounting method.
Thanks.:thumbsup:

#12 ·
nice install.

I've owned a basslink before...and liked it. Like you said, it's not going to win any competitions, but good for people who don't need their fillings rattled out of their teeth.

#17 ·
The feet are removable and you can mount them just about anyway you want. But if I mount the right one so that the 'Infinity' logo and the controls show, then the wires will feed on the right (like the left sub) or I'd have mount it upsidedown. (the goal was to have all of the wires between the two)

#18 ·
I used to have a 15"in my previous vehicle and still have it here, along with a second 15" and a few amps. With my rainier I wanted to add that bass that was lacking with the factory BOSE system. I went with the basslink.

For the size it is pretty decent. I did find however that mounting it in the other position( laying down, which is a second option), pointing towards the ceiling in the rear corner gave me the best bass response. I did try having it standing up as in the picture but I wasn't all that great.

For the price they are great and I like that I don't have to have an amp mounted separate. I did think of getting a second onw just cause but I doubt I will cause just the one is plenty for now.

#19 ·
I did find however that mounting it in the other position( laying down, which is a second option), pointing towards the ceiling in the rear corner gave me the best bass response. I did try having it standing up as in the picture but I wasn't all that great.
Thanks for the info.:thumbsup: If I'm not thrilled with the output, I'll try mounting like yours.

On a side note, every time I see your location, I do a double take. Close to Columbus we have a town called Sunbury, Oh.:D

#24 ·
Are u running a stock stereo or aftermarket? I've been 2 lazy to run RCA's from my pioneer 3900 and its still connected to a high to low converter in my "B" pillar I think...............I see you only connected one pair of RCA's to each basslink, I connected all 4 RCA inputs on mine.......................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.