2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
1) Smells like snake oil to me.

2) You may be surprised to hear we have 24 valves, and the two exhaust valves per cylinder are oriented to be on the same side of the engine as the exhaust manifold.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
I did this on other vehicles I've owned. One of the things to remember is they suggest angling the gap toward the center of the combustion chamber, slightly toward the exhaust valve. #1) As Rodie pointed out, we have two exhaust valves. #2) IIRC the plug is already in the center of the chamber. This is routinely done on race engines, so it wont hurt any thing. Will it help? I think only a dyno session would tell.:m2:

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
:iagree: Not worth the effort on this engine. I did do this on my LT4 T/A with a 2 valve per cylinder head and made a net 1 rwhp and that could of been a change in the dyno run.:m2:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
228 Posts
well

The indexing thing worked well on older cars (IE: 1970) because it let the flame completely cross the piston. Now a day, we dont need that due to effecient spark.

Don't waste the time

Don

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Had good luck with multispark ign. systems years ago. Hmmm, I wonder what 6 multispark coils would do to the I-6

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.