Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So yesterday my new (new to me anyway) 05 Trailblazer started to hang at 40mph and not want to accelerate regardless of throttle. The rpms would climb.

Eventually the tranny would shift up, back down, up, etc. Once it shifted I would keep the throttle at that level, let's say enough to go 45-50mph. It would drop into third, shift up, maybe stay in one gear or the other. The closer I got to 30-40mph it would be worse.

This is supposed to be a new/reman transmission. Would I be looking at replacing this solenoid

or this one

I found videos on the TCC pwm solenoid replacement, but not the TCC one beneath that one. Is there anything special to removing the and installing the one with the two long wires (TCC) other than removing the TCC pwm above it? Are there specific things like clips or springs that could fall out? I plan to replace both TCC solenoids, but with no video concerning the two wire one I'm kind of nervous.

Is there anything else I should check first? I have only one error code related to the VTT solenoid, I have one ordered. There are no transmission codes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I'm confused as to which one of these two I should replace, or both and how to do the one under the pvm, just cut and splice it in or leave alone and just do pvm?

The two in the lower left of the diagram.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts