Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hateful resonator kills departure angle, gets whacked by rocks all the time, and is generally annoying. Reading about resonator deletes and Flowmaster 50s in those "other" forums, I finally found a good muffler shop to do the work.

The owner is also my age, and talked me out of a Flowmaster 50 into a 70-series, for less drone. Model number we used was 52572.

Previous:

View from the front:

The tip location was chosen to go into a hole in the side of the custom bumper that's coming (someday). An idea I blatantly stole from 4 Wheeler Magazine project car, the Trail Lexus.

After:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Very nice man, looks a ton better now!

How do you like the sound? Also, you might need to play with your tune a little if you think it feels slower than before.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The noise is probably 50% louder than I wanted, but I also have a cracked exhaust manifold or blown gasket so that adds to the noise until I fix it. I emailed Alvin about a modified tune, because I also need the tire size reworked to match the 32's. I really would not know what to touch in EFILive to optimize what the Flowmaster could do. (And EFILive by itself still can't work on tire sizes, so Alvin has to use HPTuners for that piece of the puzzle.) At least with EFILive he can email me a tune and I can put it in without removing the PCM. That remains a very cool feature. :cool:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
cool, nice looking setup roadie. i'd wish i could hear it compared to my 40 series. i used to have this 91 toyota pickup with a 6 cyl. in it, with a glasspack on it, and i sold that when i got the trailblazer. I also have an old mustang that i've been toying with for a few years...but it didn't run when i was getting exhaust...so, I missed having a loud vehicle, and wanted sort of that raw sound. Flowmaster fit the bill perfectly...and, I am very happy with the way it sounds...but, it was still way louder than i wanted. On the highway it's not bad at all, but around town, runnin through the gears, it's just so loud. I almost went with a 50 series, and actually hadn't even thought about a 70...but, now that I have my mustang up and running, and a bronco (that's coincidently open header at the moment)...I don't need the trailblazer to fufill the noise requrements that the others can do no. I miss the quiet refinement...but on the same hand, I love nailing it, and really hearing it. I'm thinking about an aftermarket resonator. Sorry for getting so off topic on my junk, but it really was just a really long way to inquire about the difference between the 40 and 70...looks great roadie, can't wait to see a bumper wrapped around it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts