Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys newbie in the house. I joined a while ago just to look thru the threads and stuff and see what I could do. I'm very very new to mods. the most I've ever done is put in a system. But I love my 08 trailblazer and I feel like the engine is more powerful then what Im getting out of it. i push the gas and it just doesnt go like I feel it can. What could I do to help? I mean like i said Im very new to this as in never before and when Im reading these threads its like reading Japanese when it gets to engine mods. Can someone in plain english give me a few tips on getting more out of my TB? I know the CIA and dumping the resonator stuff. Thanks so much for your help and as soon as I actually get started I look forward to posting pics and updates. I also plan on getting 22" Rockstars on low profile tires and dumping the roofrack and decals and flat blacking EVERYTHING, rims included.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Welcome. Read up on "tunes" and check the vendor section for pcmforless.com.

Best bang for the buck mod to unlock the HP and torque you've paid for but GM hid away from your use. Beware of warranty violations, though, since yours is so new.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
815 Posts
Yep, I was waiting for warranty to run out, now I am waiting to build bank, so if my mods screw something up I will have my own warranty, in the way of stashed money... :bonk:

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
Look up your RPO code and see what kind of gear you have. Unfortunately I have the 3.42 which is great for milage but crappy on acceleration. Somedays she feels like a boat anchor til she gets going. I'm thinking about doing 3.73's or 4.10's.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
A tune is the way to go. Also, changing to synthetic oil (Mobil1) as your first oil change wouldn't hurt and niether would an intake/xmall exhaust system..

Welcome btw!:tiphat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.