Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mine is a 2005 Trailblazer LS two wheel-drive with I-6. It is nothing fancy and the only mod I have done on it is put the K&N cold air intake and filter on it.

I have done the searches in the forum and have performed all the repairs and searches I know or have read to do but I cannot for the life of me find this problem.

I have replaced the fuel cap, the purge solenoid, vent solenoid, and have looked and listened for vacuum leaks. I’ve checked the filler hose neck for cracks. I simply cannot figure this one out. I'm certain as much as some of you work with your vehicles there is someone here that can give me more ideas. I have even taken the EVAP canister off and checked it for leaks--nothing. It has three openings on it. I covered two and blew into one. I did this for all three openings. No air loss was found.

Please help me make this engine light on my dash go away! :duh: :bonk: :hissy:

By the way, I have been wrestling with this for better than a month.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
can u take a pic of the setup.. sounds like u mite be missing a hose coming from the intake...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can only wish that would be the case and simple of a fix; however, this problem has only reared it's ugly head in the last month where as I have had the CAI on for the last 18 months to year.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
So what did you do to the truck about a month ago, if anything?

·
Registered
2007 chevy
6 Posts
A cold air intake wouldnt give you EVAP codes. You replaced the canister vent valve, purge valve, and the fuel cap correct? How did you check the canister? You put a vacuum on it and see if it held pressure? Maybe check the fuel pump o-ring and see if its leaking out from the top of the tank or smell for gas after you fill it up after making some hard turns. If you were missing the main supply vacuum you would hear a large vacuum leak and you would get lean codes too. Also check the filler neck at the top where the fuel cap goes on. I often see the filler necks crack at the top from gas station attendents leaning n the guns and they get a hair line crack when the caps off but when you tighten it up they open up and give you a gross evap leak.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
After doing this work did you get the code erased to see if it would come back?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
3 Posts
Gross evap leak

I had mine at the dealer the other day and they did a smoke test and found the roll over valve on the top of tank was leaking causing system not to pressure up. They said I would have to replace tank, I laughed and said some epoxy may fix that, I have not ran all of the gas out yet to even try and pull tank down but planning on doing that soon.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
21 Posts
I currently have the P0455 and am trying to diagnose the problem. I already replaced the valve and solenoid but think the problem may be in the canister itself. Anyone out there know where the vapor canister is located? I plan on doing a smoke test this weekend.

Thanks, Nate

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
Check the neck of the fuel tank. I had and still have that problem. I put some epoxy on it and that solved it for a while.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
3 Posts
I currently have the P0455 and am trying to diagnose the problem. I already replaced the valve and solenoid but think the problem may be in the canister itself. Anyone out there know where the vapor canister is located? I plan on doing a smoke test this weekend.

Thanks, Nate
Sorry to hear about your trouble, mine had a gross evap leak, same code as you have, dealer smoke test proved the fused on vent pipes on the tank were coming loose. New tank was $500.00, with me installing.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Okay so i figured i'd update everyone. I fixed my problem, i was going to smoke test but i first wanted to find the charcoal canister. When i did located it, under the driver seat, i notice a sizable gash in it (either a rock or some kind of metal must have flung up into it). Luckily i had some jb weld handy and was able to fix the gash/leak without removing the canister. After two days of driving still no light and a code scanner today confirmed that the evap system readiness test has passed. Thanks again for all the info on this site, couldn't have done it without it.

Nate

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1 Posts
04 trailblazer having pretty much the same problems

i am having problems with the vibtation in gear goes away in netural and park less in reverse bad in drive. i also have the massive evap leak when the code comes up the info center says tighten gas cap its tight and has been replaced i had someone run a smoke test on it and they told me that the intake manifold was leaking at the back not saying they are not right its just alot of work for an oring type gasket i have never heard of them just going bad like that, but i am by far no expert on this. any ideas would be great. i have cleaned throttle body i learned that has to be done when i replaced t-stat.

thanks
darrin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts