Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have 2003 Trailblazer LT with 160000 miles on her. Here’s the problem: won’t turn over. I have all interior lights, radio everything seems to be fine when I go to start but won’t turn over. I am not getting a indication light showing its in park though and can’t move the shifter either. Starts when starter is jumped. Fuses all good- checked with a tester. Battery is good. Is the ignition switch bad? Any ideas?? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,375 Posts
You say it doesn't show it's in park, but does the gear display show any other gear selection? If the gear selection is not in P or N, the starter will not engage. If you move gear selector lever, does the dash display show a change in gear?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gear selector wouldn’t budge. Luckily my boss took pity on me and let the shop mechanic take a look. He started with the shifter and took apart the console. A frick’n piece if foam from some where got stuck on the cable where it connects to the shifter release button and was keeping it closed!!! Pry’d it out and no more problems!!! Stupid simple fix. Thanks for looking out though!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts