Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok not sure if I am in the right forum but here it goes... I have an 03 Trailblazer LT EXT 118,000 miles... it has been idling rough for a few months..the hubby changed the spark plugs and found oil on the threads...getting really bad gas mileage...oil pressure is higher, ranging between 40-60, running at 210 degrees or slightly higher...fast foward to 3 weeks ago...husband ran Sea Foam thru it and it idled fine for a few days...then we left for vacation and about 2 hours into our trip it started idling, sputtering, just running like crap..husband checked spark plugs and oil again on the threads...we limped to Memphis on a prayer...I went to Graceland and on the way there the Service Engine Soon light came on...made it back to the hotel..husbad took it to Auto Zone and they ran code and said it was the #6 cylinder misfire...he changed the spark plugs again and that did not fix it...then the auto zone employee cleared the code...ugh...it ran like crap the whole time we were on vacation got horrible gas mileage..got back to Texas took it to the chevy dealership and told them everything that was happening and because their computer did not pick up any codes nothing they could do even though the mechanic saw for himself that it is idling rough etc...so not sure where to start or what to do...

Thanks!

Joy

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If its never been done, start with a throttle body cleaning: http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=91

Then a new O2 sensor. Many members change the O2 sensor when they change plugs. Also the plugs should be AC Delco Iridium 41-103. :m2:

If you are not getting a SES light the plugs are probably not the problem. If the plug(s) were missing, you would get a P030x code. The x being the cylinder that has the miss.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
130 Posts
It sounds like the same problem I just had. I changed out my 02 sensor and It ran better I too did not have any codes come up but could tell something was wrong. It seems that some TB's go through them (02 sensors ) like candy don't know why but in 4 yrs this is my 2nd one..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts