Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching a few problems with my truck for awhile now. I first starting hearing this whine noise for a while now, and latley it seems to be getting worse as the RPM's goes up or down.

I am pretty sure it is a fluid noise, not from any belt.

and also lately i seem to be having some rough idle problems. when in park seems shaky and sometimes you can feel it jerk.

in fact the other day, i turned the AC on and off to fool around with it, and it stalled out on me.

I deff plan on removing the throttle body and cleaning it, also changing my spark plugs and fuel filter.

but i was wondering if the water pump can have an effect on my idle issue?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Cleaning the TB will cure the idle issue. Then try running without the serpentine belt for a minute to confirm it's something being run by the belt. Even though it sounds fluid-related, the idler pulley statistically is the most likely item, and it's cheap. While the belt is off, rotate things like the tensioner and idler pulleys and see if any of them feel gritty. Also consider a new belt.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had a serpentine belt replaced 5,000 miles ago. i brought my car in for an inspection and they told me i needed a new belt.

but let me try that just to make sure it isn't the belt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts