Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got a check engine light and i replaced the IAT sensor because that is what the code said was wrong. I erased the codes but not even a day later the code came back. any ideas? P0113

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Welcome, rider. I'd guess that somebody who just replaced their sensor would ensure it was plugged in at the end of the process. ;)

One reason for P0113 could be a mismatch between IAT and ECT when the engine is cold. Have you noticed any odd behavior of the coolant temp gauge?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
9 Posts
New IAT sensor

I am having the same problem with the check engine light throwing the code PO113. I too have replaced the IAT sensor and the next day the code was back! I have a K&N intake filter install on my '02 Envoy.
Any body have any insight on what could be causing this code to keep coming back?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
finally!!!!

So i did more research online and i found out how to fix it. my problem was the harness. I put a multimeter to the housing and was supp. get a 5 volt reading, well i wasnt so i tested the wires further down and was getting it there so i cut it and rewired the harness. problem fixed!!!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Higher voltage like from the alternator? No. Sensors like that are typically given a very precise 5 or 10V regulated reference signal generated by the PCM. No sensor would be designed to vary its signal along with system voltage like that.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
5 Posts
Engine Flutters, Engine light blinks on and off PO113 01/03 is read

Hello everyone,

I have my LTZ 02 tb 4.2 4x4. I recently changed the battery for a new one. The a/c turns on by itself upon starting the car. I turn it off and seems to want to turn off upon coming to a stop. I had checked the forums here for advice and saw 2 potential fixers. One I changed the top oxygen sensor, same fluttering problem. Next day I changed out the Air Intake Sensor... resulting with the same problem. Engine flutters and wants to shut off. My wife and I noticed heat coming from the console with no heater on and temperature set at 60 when off. When the car warms up it never registers the actual temperature outside. It goes from 59 degrees to -15 on the center display below the radio. All the gages on the dashboard are half way. None of them seem any different. Anybody here can give me ay advice before I take it in to the dealership? (which I dread) Thanks

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
19 Posts
Doing some work on the 2002 TB 2wd with 202,000 miles. Changed the spark plugs and cleaned the throttle body. I had the dreaded P0440 code so I changed the EVAP Control Solenoid and the Fuel Tank Sensor. I went for a 35 mile test drive and no codes until I pulled in the driveway! P0113 Yep you guessed it I forgot the plug the sensor back in. Duhhhhhhhh I am glad I learned about car forums and how to negotiate around whilst using the search feature. All my questions were already answered!:) Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts