Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new here & hoping someone out there can give us some advice. My brother just bought a clean low mile (40,000) '06 TB. It started missing a few days ago, so I did some troubleshooting and found the #5 cylinder is not firing. I talked to the local Chevy dealer about the problem, he said he had heard of the valve seats coming loose and hanging the valve open. I did a compression test and sure 'nuf, #5 had no comp. The engine ran great up till this point and made no noise at all. Has anyone heard of this happening or any thing else that might cause this. Any sugestions would help greatly being it is out of warranty.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
I have not heard about this happening.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
had not heard of this either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm giong to haul it to a mechanic with a bore-scope and have a look inside to see what's going on. will keep posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, we found the problem. Pulled the valve cover and found two broken intake valve springs. Valves tapped the piston but not sure if they are bent, I'm waiting on new valve springs before we comp. test. I've heard of this on some V8's but this is a first on an I6 that I've heard of.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
The only posts I have read in regaurds to the problem the mechanic is talking about was on the 02's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts