Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently picked up my used 2006 Trail Blazer LS and I really want power and leather, instead of no power and cloth. I am thinking of buying some seats from the wreck yard but I am not sure if my wiring harness will adapt to power seats. Has anyone changed over their seats before? I need ideas.
Thanks
GeeRant

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
If you found a set from the junkyard, other members have made them work. It's very difficult to add all the control module hardware to get the MEMORY position function to work, but just moving the seats back and forth will require you to simply supply them power on the seat's orange wire (from an add-a-tap fuse from the rear fuse panel) and ground on the black wire.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
I was looking at a set of 2002 seats to go in my 2002. These have the bags, so I assume the wiring is the same for the bags, I would just need to power the seats, I have no interest in the memory functions.

On another note, do all leathers seats have heat??

Thanx, Jeff

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
I have recently picked up my used 2006 Trail Blazer LS and I really want power and leather, instead of no power and cloth. I am thinking of buying some seats from the wreck yard but I am not sure if my wiring harness will adapt to power seats. Has anyone changed over their seats before? I need ideas.
Thanks
GeeRant
hey if you get leather seats, would u sell your cloth seats? what color is your interior by the way?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
899 Posts
can you get me a picture of them?
I'll take some when i get home

what's your zip ? I'm going down to plattsburgh soon, so when i go we could meet up somewhere and act fishy while taking off my seats and make people believe they are stuffed with coke....

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
I'm wanting power on both seats as well. After our 1800 miles this past week, being able to move around some would be a REAL plus -- especially for the passenger side, where the floor hump starts making the legs hurt after a while.

I'm in the market for gray -- cloth/leather -- I don't care, as long as they are both power.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
48 Posts
anyone have any idea what a set of leather seats with power go for at a junk yard? i have clothes with power, would it be cheaper to have them reupholstered in leather?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
anyone have any idea what a set of leather seats with power go for at a junk yard? i have clothes with power, would it be cheaper to have them reupholstered in leather?
You need to call local automotive upholsterers to get a quote. Then check www.car-parts.com for junkyard prices. Never forget Ebay, either. Plently of vendors IIRC for leather covers.

Around me, fronts seem to be going for $200 each. Ebay has two rows of seats going for $600 or so. Shipping is going to really hike the cost up, though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts