Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again, 2nd forum of the day, but that is because I love your guys' knowledge.

K so, I have dual exhaust on my tb. We went 2.75 in 3 out if i remember right. The cat-converter is still in place, and I was wondering what i could do to hear the car more. I have went to 2 places to ask for opinions (they vary) and this is what they said:

1) Straight pipe the cat, cheapest option i assume, problem is the check engine light will appear.

2) Performance cat, magnaflow has one for around $250, and the o2 sensor is built in, so no problems with check engine light.

Now i went to the 2nd place, and the fellow said that I won't notice much difference in noise if I choose either options.

What are your guy's opinions? Are there any other options? I remember I tried to contact someone on here that removed their cat, but they didn't reply.

Thanks again trailvoy team, you build my knowledge about cars. Have a nice day and thank you for reading.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
87 Posts
Hello now I have never put a exhaust system on our truck but I have on every other one the I owned ok so this is what I really liked I went straight pipe with a flowmaster 10 series muffler or straight pipe with a slp loud mouth muffler can't beat the sounds not you shouldn't get a check engine light when you go straight pipe cuz the sensor will still go into the straight pipe if you wanna go cheap just replace the muffler with one of the two that I said see what ya think a straight throu muffler will give you the louder sounds :m2:

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
How exactly loud are you trying to go?.. you have an inline 6 motor..your not going to get the sound of a V8 or louder... if you do delete the cat, do you guys have emissions laws?.. only other option I could see is if you add a header and a different muffler... but all in all, your not going to get much sound out of an I6 :m2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts