Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I BOUGHT AN 08' TRAILBLAZER IN FEBRUARY OR SO OF 08' I REALIZED RECENTLY INSTEAD OF BAGGING IT TO LAY FRAME I'D RATHER LIFT IT ON BAGGS. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A MILD LIFT KIT FOR THE MOMENT THAT WILL FIT THE 08 TRAILBLAZER WITH THE 4.2 L6. MY BUDDY THAT'S GOING TO DO THE LIFT IS TRYING TO TALK ME INTO A STRAIGHT FRONT AXLE TO GET MAX LIFT OUT OF IT. BUT WHAT DO THE VET'S SAY? IFS OR STRAIGHT AXLE??? I WILL HAVE THE HIGHEST TB SOON...REGARDLESS...RT NOW I'M ON 22'S WITH A REAR SPRING CHOPP THAT LEVEL THE 08' NICELY!:bonk:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,335 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Take your caps lock off!
As far as lifts, way too much for me to explain.
Type - lift - in the search on this site and you'll see the options available and also, the limitations we have.
I like LiftMeister.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,050 Posts
Someone has a lot of reading to do! There is no short answer to the question and apparently no shortage of money based as it would be a very costly adventure. In my honest opinion I would wait until the warranty is up to follow through, by that time there may be more options. Good luck!

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not really sure why ya'll don't like capps but anyways...rough country sells a mild lift kit for a 2 wheel drive. bds doesn't market theres for a 2 wheel becuz they don't have proof it'll fit though it looks like it would. but i think i'm gonna just wait and see what the liftmeister guy says he can do. hopefully by the end of summer it'll be on track to have the straight axle swap and bagg lift done. my buddies doing one (extreme lift) on a previously lifted dodge at the moment, on bags. pretty crazy it will be about 4' off the ground or so when finished i think?? the baggs will give it an extra 12 or so inches by themselves...can't wait to see it.
as farr as warranties go, blah, i could care less. does anyone on this site really worry about warranties, unless it's after market stuff of course. my last show car i used to play with was hacked up in the first yr. and the dealer still honored repairs to motor, drivetrain, and such for free...probably becuz they sold more after i fixxed up mine lol... thanks for the help i'll look around for a while and post pics once i get started...:suicide:

·
Registered
803 Posts
I doubt you lifting the TB is going to start a craze to buy more TB's... especially since they will only exist on used lots...:sadcry:

Id like to see what you get done the to TB to make it that tall... watch out for the corners when you are done too... Then it will turn into more than just a jeep thing:suicide:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,335 Posts
as farr as warranties go, blah, i could care less.
This has become a pet peeve of mine... when you say "I could care less", this implies that you do in fact, CARE. You meant to say, "I couldn't care less."

Also, please don't type in TEXT or IM speak. The majority of us actually know how to read entire words.

This thread is not Off-Road worthy... nor does it belong here in the 4x4 section. 2wd 2ft lift boy should be in the Suspension section.

Oh.. and before I forget...

Thank you, have a nice day. :tiphat

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
maybe I should move this to Off-Road!! nah I couldnt do that to him :dielaugh:
That would start a thread-tennis match. :weird: You'd move it to Offroad. :duh: I'd throw it over the net to Audio. :bonk: Lather, rinse, repeat. :tiphat

Lifting a 2WD higher than 4WD is entirely possible. Just look at the vehicle we called the "Kuwaiti Death Trap"! :eek: :rolleyes: :suicide:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.