1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mod bug perhaps?
Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Auto part

I think the hubby was a bit confused when I backed the TB up to the garage & walked up with fishing line, a shims & the blowdryer & told him I was working on my rear end.:eek:
Automotive lighting Trunk Vehicle Car Bumper

Screw the fishing line, unless you have some 100lb. test. I tied mine around the shims & tried to shimmy it behind the heated badge & it did nothing but break. So I tried washers & fishing line, a bit better grip but still broke the line. Then I just gave it a good old pull after I heated it up & that worked the best. Of course I have some scrubbing & polishing to do tommorrow, but it's a start!​

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
Don't know if you cleaned it up yet, but if you use WD-40 the adhesive comes off really well with little pressure and won't harm the finish on the paint. Spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes.

The mod bug perhaps?
View attachment 5360

I think the hubby was a bit confused when I backed the TB up to the garage & walked up with fishing line, a shims & the blowdryer & told him I was working on my rear end.:eek:
View attachment 5361
Screw the fishing line, unless you have some 100lb. test. I tied mine around the shims & tried to shimmy it behind the heated badge & it did nothing but break. So I tried washers & fishing line, a bit better grip but still broke the line. Then I just gave it a good old pull after I heated it up & that worked the best. Of course I have some scrubbing & polishing to do tommorrow, but it's a start!​

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to try wd-40. I got off most of the adhesive with my Pampered Chef pan scrapper.:D It's just the build up around it, just like with the NF decals. I am sure it's more noticeable b/c of the white. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,294 Posts
I'll have to try wd-40. I got off most of the adhesive with my Pampered Chef pan scrapper.:D It's just the build up around it, just like with the NF decals. I am sure it's more noticeable b/c of the white. Thanks for the tip.
I have used goof off and wd 40 to try to get rid of mine and neither have worked well. Someone used a 3M product and it was gone in no time. I cant remember who it was or the exact name of the product though. I have been trying to find out who it was so I could finish getting the crap off. Hopefully someone from the MORA meeet will chime in with it. I just dont want to post on that thread and have it start coming up again..haha

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am going to start that mod today, although I am going to leave the TB and Chevy emblems on, I am just going to take the side moldings off. Yours looks clean and very pretty.

Steve A.
Yea well those were the only ones I could take off...with the North Face molding I have to leave my side emblems on, unless I would fill the area and paint it & i'm not getting into that!:cool:

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
Steph,
Looks great!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: I used Goo Gone & the adhesive almost just wiped right off. You're off to a great start. Now that you got the bug, it's uncurable.:excited: Welcome to the ModSquad Baby!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.